Tips on how to prosper while doing absolutely nothing?

My ideal life would be not having to do anything. I want my own
place, I want to eat for free, I want to wake up and go to bed when I
feel like it, and play video games all day. But I can’t. Not that I
should be able to, because someone has to foot the bill. I don’t feel
entitled to that, but in lieu of that, I feel like I should just opt out
of life. So I literally don’t know what my options are except to kill
myself, or to just keep living a life of misery. Any ideas?

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.

Idea: Save money then live in a country where the cost of living is 10 times lower the rest of your life.

Does it? Because I’ve been doing nothing for the past year and a half and I don’t feel like I have any extra energies. Prior to my brief stint of employment I literally spent about 6-7 years doing nothing and I can’t say that it made me feel good.

Can’t afford pets on my budget.

I don’t know with certainty upon what happiness relies, but I’m pretty sure that fulfilling basic needs like the shelter and food are essential components. Both of these things require money. Money is something that one possesses. Attaining money requires employment. Employment is dependent on who I am as a person.

This isn’t me grasping for a higher salary so I can afford a newer car and a bigger house. One needs money or resources for basic survival. I don’t see how having nothing is compatible with basic survival.

Heh,

Reading your story, many things resembled in my life. My situation is similar, though not so radical. I have social anxiety and prefer to be on my own most of the time. Working in an open office with stuffed desks doesn’t really help the situation. It’s kind of an ambiguous feeling, because I dread social situations and try to escape, but on the other hand secretly crave it.

I studied to be a programmer because i had no better idea at the time and computers did interest me. But now that I finally finished uni and landed a job, I feel so trapped. It’s not that I hate programming, because I don’t. Sometimes I do little projects for myself. But to work for others is just a death sentence for me. I don’t care about others code, I don’t want to do stand-ups every day,I don’t want to find bugs that others made, I don’t want to go on meetings, I don’t want to get up early, I don’t want to do stupid chit-chat in the office, I don’t want to work 12 hours per day. But I guess I have no choice, gotta pay the bills. Don’t think I can take it too long anymore.
Maybe I should go volunteer somewhere or apply to be a virtual assistant for quarter of my current salary.