How do I deal with depression?

I’ve been battling with depression for two weeks now. My dad who have been my greatest hero passed the veil and left the mortal life. I feel like a part of me is empty. I don’t have someone to talk to now, I don’t have someone who will comfort me when I’m in big trouble. I feel lost to this very cruel world. I feel so alone and lonely. I feel like the world is beating on me. I’ve been crying for days, many sleepless nights and tiring days. How do I deal with depression? I already asked for help to some of my friends, but none of them is helpful, even looked on testimonials in a foreign page about fighting depression but still, no effect on me. I need your help.

Hello @arayyahoward,

I’m sorry to hear of this loss for you. It sounds like there has been a void created where you’re used to having a lot of additional support. Have you thought about seeing a counsellor or someone who specializes in grief?

I would try to give yourself permission to have these feelings. In my mind, at least, it’s okay to be feeling low and sad about missing your dad. Know that you’re not alone in this, in your feelings or your grief.