Just need to vent

So … after my insurance changed my counselor (who I was making real progress with) is no longer covered. I have tried a couple SSRIs in the past year that did not work.

I just went to my doctor to check for vitamin deficiencies, thyroid issues, etc., and everything came back normal.

I seriously don’t know what to do. I feel like I am making every effort to figure out what is causing this depression and am constantly failing at that too.

Worst case scenario is that I will live the rest of my life depressed. And that sucks. I just feel like everything I try to get better has the rug pulled out from under it.

I see other people going through life without a care and I am jealous and disgusted. I just want to be lighthearted and enjoy my life. When did that become a pipe dream?

Sorry for the rant.

I think all of us here would agree with this on some level. Sorry to hear about your insurance troubles, I hope you’re able to get the resources you need.

I know this may sound obvious but I think exercise is very important to fight depression.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/how-exercise-may-protect-against-depression/?_r=0

For me, running is the best medicine. It really helps my mood and makes me feel better about myself. I also joined a dragon boat team so I can workout with a group. Great way to release stress.

Good luck

2 Likes

Good article! I have recently taking up walking at lunchtime, for 1-2 miles. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn’t. But it never hurts.

I seriously don’t know what to do. I feel like I am making every effort to figure out what is causing this depression and am constantly failing at that too.

Don’t try to overcome depression, you need to own it. Don’t feel depressed about being depressed. Don’t feel ashamed either, say fuck it, I’ll be a happy depressed. Maybe I make no sense, but hope it helps.

3 Likes