Not allowed to be happy

So I finally got a drivers permit which meant a lot to me, and when I got the card in the mail no one in my family seemed to care and shrugged it off. That hurt, but what hurt even more is the fact that one of them misplaced it and it just seems that life doesn’t want me to have any happiness nor does it want me to be excited for anything. It’s not just this that caused me to think like this but a series of events. /:

I once had this thing where I tried way too hard to please everyone else. Sure, it makes you happy when other people give you that pat on the back, but in the end, the only person you should please is yourself. If getting a driver’s permit (congrats by the way! I can’t even drive so that’s a big step!) makes you happy, don’t let others bring you down. The only person that can make you happy is you. Sure things happen that are out of our control too - sometimes it gets really hard to be happy, but if what’s bringing you down is other people, cut them from your life. Toxic people only bring you down. Surround yourself with people that encourage you and make you happy.

I hope things improve for you. I used to feel like everything was destined to bring me down too - what helped me was starting a journal of 3 things I’m grateful for every day. You’d be surprised but even the small things are something to be grateful for. A good breakfast you had, a day with nice weather, a funny show you watched, sometimes what makes us happy isn’t that obvious so we need to take the time to remember them every day to help us push through all the bad things.

Hope that helps and feel better soon!